Updated May 22, 2020
Tennis is back Tuesday, May 26!
On May 14, Governor Mike Dewine announced that tennis clubs and facilities, indoors and out, could return to business on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. So ….
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, the Racquet Club will be reopening. Thank you for your support and understanding as we have all been dealing with the COVID-19 restrictions. We are looking forward to seeing you all again, and to get everyone back on the tennis courts.
We are committed to keeping everyone safe with constant and continuing disinfecting of contact points and surfaces, as well as ball baskets and hoppers. We will practice and enforce responsible social distancing. A barrier has been installed at the front desk to protect staff and customers. Staff will be wearing facial coverings and will be regularly disinfecting around the club. The club will be cleaned and disinfected nightly by a highly trained cleaning crew.
From Monday, May 18 thru Friday, May 22, someone will be at the club from 10:00am to 2:00pm to take your phone calls, arrange court time, schedule tennis lessons, etc. You can contact us at 614-457-5671 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (This week will be “staff only”; please, no customers in the building.)
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, we will be open from 9:00am to 8:00pm, 7-days a week, thru the rest of May. (Times subject to change as needs require.) During May, we will be here for casual play and profession instruction. Let us know what we can to do help you get back on the court!
The final 2 weeks of the Winter Session Junior Programs will resume May 26 thru June 6. More details and the exact schedule will be provided shortly. (Generally, junior programs will take place on the same days at the same times. March 16 programs will take place June 6.)
Starting Monday, June 8, we plan to be open “as usual”, with our normal summer programs, teams, clinics, lessons, etc. More details to follow.
The summer junior programs will begin June 8, and run through August 22. Full program info and signup info will be post in a few days.
Please be patient … this is all new to us. The schedule may need to be adjusted and tweaked as we go along. We will keep everyone up to date as best we can.
Some restrictions for at least a few weeks:
- If you are ill, have a temperature or cough, or if you or anyone in your family has been exposed to COVID-19 … PLEASE STAY HOME … DO NOT COME TO THE RACQUET CLUB!!
- We would ask that you please wear a mask or facial covering when at the club. You are welcome to take off the mask while on the court playing tennis.
- No more than 4 players per court. If taking a lesson or clinic, no more than 4 students and one pro per court.
- No lingering around the club … come, play tennis, have fun, and head home …
- We would prefer that you do not bring guests if they are not on the court playing tennis.
- For juniors taking clinics or lessons, only one additional family member will be allowed. (No siblings or other family members will be allowed.)
- No juniors allowed except when on the tennis court playing tennis or taking a lesson/clinic.
- NO UNATTENDED MINORS ALLOWED! When juniors are done with their lesson/clinic, or finished playing tennis, they must immediately leave the club with their parent/guardian. (Juniors cannot be “dropped off to hang around the club” for any reason.)
- We may need to stagger court times and lessons to avoid overcrowding the foyer and pro shop.
- Most of the furniture in the lounges and locker rooms has been set aside. Please do not move chairs or furniture. Be sure to maintain social distancing when using any remaining chairs.
- The showers will be closed.
- We will not provide towels … bring your own.
- Drinking fountains will be turned off … bring your own water.
- Hitting wall will be closed.
- No demo racquets.
- Limited pro shop purchases.
- No cash … please pay with credit cards or bill to your member account.
We will do our best to keep you up-to-date and informed via email, Facebook, Twitter, and our web site.
- The winter/spring USTA League season will not made up. Plans for a possible Ohio Valley District Championship are being discussed. More later …
- There will be no Junior Team Tennis. The USTA has cancelled all JTT local and championship play for 2020.
- The summer GCTA Leagues are scheduled to begin June 20/22. Details are being finalized by the GCTA … more info soon.
We will continue to track COVID-19 updates and directives from federal, state and local officials and medical experts and will continue to follow their guidance in the days and weeks ahead. Please understand that we are in a very fluid and dynamic environment with major changes occurring by the hour. We will do our best to minimize confusion and take care of your needs as quickly as possible.
On behalf of the entire Racquet Club family, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment these changes may cause you and your family. We very much appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you back on the courts …
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help … 614-457-5671 … email@example.com
The Racquet Club of Columbus
Click here for the State of Ohio’s “Responsible RestartOhio” guidelines for Tennis Operators